Project implementation period: 01.09.2019 - 01.03.2023
Estimated cost: 4 267 150 Euros
Donor: European Union
Executor: Instituto de la Calidad S.A. Unipersonal (Spain)
- Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine,
- State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection
Registration card: № 4181
General purpose and goal:
Promoting capacity building of the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine and the State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection in designing and implementing key reforms under the Association Agreement and the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area between Ukraine and the EU, improving the food safety control system, veterinary and animal welfare to ensure compliance with EU requirements.
Enhancing the functionality of food safety, animal health and welfare services, and control system by:
- gradual alignment with EU and other international standards;
- ensuring health guarantees on animals in different areas of the country;
- implementing a comprehensive state prophylactic programme against some infectious diseases and zoonoses.
The work of the Project consists of 4 components:
- Analysis and revision of the current national legislation of Ukraine in the field of food safety, animal health and welfare, harmonization of Ukrainian legislation with EU requirements and development of procedures for the implementation of harmonized legislation.
- Improving standards in all areas of food safety, animal health and welfare services through restructuring, more effective control measures and capacity building of the competent authorities.
- Raising awareness among the public and stakeholders on new responsibilities of the State Service on Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection and other government organizations related to animal health and welfare and, where necessary, food safety, as well as the benefits of consuming livestock products grown/produced by enterprises that fulfill animal health and welfare requirements.
- Establishing a continuous training system for officials of the State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection, working in the sanitary, veterinary and phytosanitary sectors.